[kde-doc-english] Searching an Importing Certificates

Johannes Kingma k____j at hotmail.com
Sun May 10 18:38:35 UTC 2015

To search for a certificate in an LDAP directory, select File → Lookup Certificates on Server and enter some text (e.g. the name of the person you want the certificate for) into the line edit of the Keyserver Certificate Lookup dialog, then click on the Search button. The results will be displayed in the key list below the search bar, where you can select certificates to look at them by clicking the Details button or download them with Import into the local keybox.

What is a certificate?  I know my brother ype kingma has a public key. But if I enter ype kingma and press search I end up with an empty list.