[kde-doc-english] Exactly what I want to do - disable the stupid thing - but where?

Ian Lang ian.lang at nxp.com
Wed Jan 14 14:22:58 UTC 2015

Wow, thanks for replying Yuri.  I didn't expect that.  Erm, as for your answer, I really like having multiple desktops (although it would be very useful to be able to name them).  What I don't like is that, sometimes when try to I scroll up and down (because I think I'm in an editor or whatever), the desktop flips to another one.  Worse, if the mouse on the next desktop is no longer hovering over space, it won't scroll back to the original desktop until either the mouse is moved or I use the widget.  It's incredibly infuriating when it happens.  All I want to be able to do is disable the switching of desktops via the scroll wheel.  That has another function.

I did find, what I thought, was a solution here: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/desktop-x-windows/162705-kde-stop-mouse-wheel-switching-desktops.html, but unfortunately it doesn’t work for me.  Perhaps it’s because I’m accessing Unix via Exceed on Demand.

Incidentally, since I’m on the subject, the widget ends up way too small when the panel is set to the side of the screen (see below).  It would be better if the desktops were shown one above the other.

[cid:image001.png at 01D0300D.0F052D50]

Thanks again for your reply.

Kind regards,

Ian Lang