[kde-doc-english] Transaction List

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 4 16:10:20 UTC 2015

On 2015.01.04 07:05, Rowland Chalmers wrote:
> Hi,
> There seems to be a problem with the numbering system in the
> transaction list. It keeps saying the the number has been used and
> would I like to use another number. Is there a solution for that.
> Thanks
> Rowland

I'll guess this is KMyMoney, and I'm familiar with this issue.  For
checking accounts (and others, depending on the settings) the app can
assign a number to transactions, and it remembers the last number it
used and tries to assign the next number to a new transaction.  The
message Rowland is getting implies that number is already used in an
existing transaction.  This commonly happens if transactions get
entered out of order.  Simply saying "yes" to the popup will reset the
next number to be used.  The message can be annoying, but does not
actually indicate a real problem.

Further discussion should be directed to the KMyMoney user mailing
list:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmymoney

Jack