[kde-doc-english] Plasma?

Rob and Ang robandang at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 16 03:42:46 UTC 2015

Hello,
Firstly,  Thank you for being involved in producing the KDE system.

I have a SuSE 13.x(?)  64bit cpu which by default has KDE on it. It is
OFFline.  This Windows 7 laptop is used for emails and I have a Mint 17
system.

May I suggest that your documentation "System Settings Handbook" make
SOME reference to the existence of the "Plasma" desktop effects. A link
would be good to the Plasma Help files if they exist off line.

I have had enormous trouble trying to use the Plasma system. It seems as
if it was designed by urchins. There are apparently random closures of
windows and, thus far, a completely useless bar on the bottom with three
dots for something. I can see why the HELP files are online but for
those without a constant link you wonder is it likely to take up so much
space even if out of date?

Thus I would be pleased if you could suggest a simple manual in PDF form
or perhaps a web page that I can use OFFline that would explain how it
works. I just want to use the computer, not play with it.

Again, thank you for bringing KDE to me.

Bob
  South Australia