[kde-doc-english] How do I undelete files deleted by moving from a folder to another folder?

auto398952 at hushmail.com auto398952 at hushmail.com
Thu Dec 24 00:31:07 UTC 2015

Thank you. I will try it.
On 12/16/2015 at 11:35 AM, "Yuri Chornoivan"  wrote:написане
Wed, 16 Dec 2015 17:58:24 +0200, :

>  Hi, this is urgent, help
>
>   I can't get back files deleted accidentally from a folder by
moving
> the files to another folder, but the destination folder is deleted.
> How do I recover files deleted?

Ні,

This is KDE mailing list for documentation writers so your question is
off
topic here.

The answer depends on the filesystem you have used.

For the most used Ext filesystems you can try extundelete (allowed to

restore a precious file for me several years ago):

http://extundelete.sourceforge.net/

For flash drives (FAT32) you can try PhotoRec:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri