[kde-doc-english] Docbook manpage from .txt

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sat Aug 1 18:35:31 UTC 2015

Am Samstag, 1. August 2015, 17:12:25 schrieb Elvis Angelaccio:
> Hi all,
> in the attachment there is a manpage for Kronometer written by a Debian
> contributor. It was written in plain text format in order to be converted
> to the .man format through txt2man [1].
> From what I have seen most KDE apps use the docbook format also for the
> manpages, right?

Yes

> Is there a tool to convert from .txt  (or from .man) to .docbook? If not,
> could some of you guys convert it manually?

Conversion of man to docbook:
http://www.catb.org/esr/doclifter/

I have used that several times, works reliable and needs only minor tweaking
after conversion.

Btw please use <releaseinfo>&kronometer; 2.0</releaseinfo> in your frameworks
branch,
quoting from kdoctools/src/template.docbook
<!--version information of Frameworks/Plasma/Applications this documentation
is valid for.
Example:
Frameworks xx.yy for docbooks in frameworks
Plasma xx.yy for docbooks in plasma workspace
Applications xx.yy for docbooks released as Applications
$applicationname xx.yy for applications with independent release schedule
(extragear/playground)
-->

Thanks

--