[kde-doc-english] accessing the information delivered in .docbook form

Harold Eugene Stout harold.e.stout at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 01:42:45 UTC 2015

How does one get the simon, ksimond documentation displayed?

For example i get
¨There is no specialized application for files of the type DocBook
document (application/x-docbook+xml).
The file can be opened in a more generic application as file type XML
document (application/xml), or you can try to install a specialized
application for file type DocBook document (application/x-
docbook+xml).¨
when i try to open /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en/simon/index.docbook.

I have prowled around in the definitive guide, googled and I don´t
remember now what else trying to get the help file up on the screen.

The best I have done is get the first page up by clicking
index.cache.bz2.  But it won´t let me proceed beyond that display/page.

Please help me understand the mechanism for getting at the
documentation that seems to be distributed as docbooks.

Hal Stout