[kde-doc-english] Problems with LibreOffice Writer/Virtual keyboard

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Nov 2 17:05:33 UTC 2014

написане Sun, 02 Nov 2014 18:52:06 +0200, Timothy Drew
<tim at freeolamail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> When I recently attempted to open my document files, I was unable to do
> so
> except through Ocular.
>
> Whenever I right-clicked the document, I got an image which bobbed up and
> down, and then disappeared.
>
> This means that I can no longer create, view or print documents.
>
> Also, I have been unable to use the virtual keyboard which does not open
> on
> a right-click.
>
> Please can you advise as how to resolve these matters in layman's
> language -
> my technical knowledge is very limited!
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Tim Drew

Hi,

Please try to do as follows:

1. Open KDE System Settings.

2. Click on "File Associations".

3. Type "odt", or "doc", or some other type in the filter field.

4. Expand the list on the left pane of the window.

5. Click on an item.

4. Click on the Okular item in the right list and move it down using the
corresponding button.

5. Click "Apply".

Hope this helps.

Besty regards,