[kde-doc-english] verdana font

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat May 10 10:59:09 UTC 2014

написане Sat, 10 May 2014 13:40:07 +0300, gary cooteuser
<ggcoote at gmail.com>:

> Hi can you tell me of a site or how to downlad & install the "verdana"
> font to libre office. (linux mint).
>
> I found one site on the Mint forum, but Synaptics advise it was untested
> and potentially unreliable.
>
> help plesae
>
> thanks
>
> Gary

Hi,

This list is for documentation writers. So your question is off topic
here. Please use support channels for this.

http://userbase.kde.org/Getting_Help

As for your question, there are several ways to do this:

1. Install this package: ttf-mscorefonts-installer (multiverse repo should
be enabled in Muon).

2. Find the font file somewhere (e.g.
http://www.fontpalace.com/font-download/Verdana/ ), download it and
double-click on ttf file in the file manager (e.g. Dolphin) then press
"Install..." button in the window that will appear.

3. Install and use some free substitute (Bitstream Vera Sans).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri