[kde-doc-english] Adaption of docbook location in frameworks/kf5

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Mar 26 12:42:08 UTC 2014

Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2014, 12:07:06 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> > 2) kde-runtime
> > 2a) docbooks like documentationnotfound, fundamentals, onlinehelp
> > Move them all into khelpcenter repo?
> > Or should documentationnotfound go into frameworks/kio or kdoctools?
>
> I already moved documentationnotfound into frameworks/kio, because it is
> used  by kio-help (and I'm still not sure why it ended up in kde-runtime
> instead of kdelibs :)

But it is really hidden there in  kio/docs/kioslave/help/ ;-)

Two comments:

a) In kde4 docbooks usually were located in a subfolder named "doc", in
frameworks this subfolder is named "docs" with an additional *s* , where as
the other repos with a frameworks branch seem to use the name "doc" (kate,
kde-workspace as of now before the split).
That is possibly a bit confusing and error-prone editing documentation_paths?

b) In kde4 we had a doc folder structure like:

doc/app1/*docbook
doc/app2/*docbook
doc/kcontrol/kcm1/*docbook
doc/kcontrol/kcm2/*docbook
doc/kioslave/kio1/*docbook
doc/kioslave/kio2/*docbook
etc.

Several scripts in l10n-kde4/script (docmessage extraction naming scheme,
autogen.sh to generate all CMakeLists.txt) are based on such a consistent doc
folder structure.

I think we need a similar scheme for frameworks docbooks.

Btw. that was the reason why I did not detect the documentationnotfound
docbook, I had expected it in kio/docs/, not in kio/docs/kioslave/help/.

--
Burkhard Lück