[kde-doc-english] Is kpovmodeler still valid or should it be removed

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sat Mar 8 11:43:42 UTC 2014

Am Freitag, 7. März 2014, 23:34:05 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> One of our translators mentioned kpovmodeler in extragear-graphics. It seems
> this package still requires KDE3 stuff and the last development has been
> done 5 years ago. It also is hardly usable anymore because it calls an
> external program, povray, which apparently needs another set of parameters
> to function properly.

You are right kpovmodeler development in kde svn seems to be dead and it does
not build here, but there is apparently some development outside kde repos,
see http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=90952&start=15

Same holds for Kuickshow, which needs an old no longer available library
imlib1 to build.

> Hence my question: should it be moved to unmaintained?

>From my pov kpovmodeler + kuikshow should go to unmaintained, but that is of
course nothing we can decide on this list.

Please mail to kde-core-devel at kde.org and file a sysadmin request.

Thanks.

--
Burkhard Lück