[kde-doc-english] KMail: How open the mail window below the mail list?

Rhaban Lammeyer Rhaban.Lammeyer at altmuehlnet.de
Fri Jan 24 06:47:49 UTC 2014

Dear Mr. Lück, lieber Herr Lück,

thank you very much for your answer which I am reading here at my
working place at the European School in Munich before lessons will
begin.

> Am Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014, 21:12:58 schrieb Rhaban Lammeyer:
>> Sirs,
>>
>> I use KMail since 2000, first under SuSE 7.3, then under SuSE 11.3,
>> and now
>> under Kubuntu 13.10
>>
>> I could not find in the explanation pages two things which, I think,
>> are
>> important to the KMail user:
>>
>> 1. How must I do to see on the same screen the list of my mails and
>> below
>> them a window in which the mail on which I clicked can be seen?
>>
> That is afaik the default, Folders on the left, Message list at the top
> right
> and the content of the selected message below the message list.
> See KMail configuration dialog -> Appearance-Layout tab

I shall try it when I will be back at home (where my Kubuntu computer
is) this afternoon.

> @Scarlett: Probably this needs to be explained better in the docbooks,
> e. g.
> with a screenshot of the default main window depicting the different
> parts
> (folder list, message list, message content)?

I would be glad!

>> 2. How can I make an automatic "signature" (my name and my address) at
>> the
>> end of my written mail?
>>
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdepim/kmail/configure-identity.html#configure-identity-signature

Thank you very much for your e-mail and all the best for you!

Rhaban Lammeyer

---
Rhaban Lammeyer
z. Zt. in Raum 213 der Höheren Schule der Europäischen Schule München
Rhaban.Lammeyer at altmuehlnet.de
Rhaban.Lammeyer at esmunich.de
lammeyer at web.de