[kde-doc-english] Core documentation repository (was: Review Request 116038: replace old included sections with links to fundamentals)

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 23:45:53 UTC 2014

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
>>> Also, kio help:/ requires the "documentationnotfound" docbook to
>>> display as sort of a 404 error, so that needs to be universally
>>> available too.
>> So documentationnotfound docbook should be moved together with kio-help.

Yeah that actually makes more sense than shipping it where
fundamentals goes.  It's just an implementation detail of the help
kioslave and not core to how our documentation is presented/assembled
like fundamentals is.

>>> We could ship them with khelpcenter, but there's no guarantee that
>>> that will always be the primary frontend to the help:/ kioslave, so it
>>> seems like it would be nicer to find a more general home that ensures
>>> it works no matter what you're using to browse help:/ URLs.
>> Mhh.. that's true, so it should be in some level which is lower than kio-help.

Hmm, because the help kioslave might get replaced too?  That seems
significantly less likely, but kdoctools/something near it makes more
sense to me anyway so why not?

>>> So, perhaps we need a kde-core-docs.git or something like that to
>>> house them in?  And advise distros to make sure and add runtime
>>> Requires on it from kdoctools or whereever the help: kioslave is
>>> shipped?  (Alternatively we could just include them in kdoctools.git,
>>> but there might be a bit of a chicken and egg problem keeping docbooks
>>> there?)
>> Technically there is already some documentation in kdoctools, exactly as we
>> had it kdelibs, so it could be included here.

Oh yeah, d'oh!  :-)

In that case I'm fine with just keeping it in kdoctools if that works
for everyone else.

-T.C.