[kde-doc-english] Wrong use of &Windows; in kleopatra.pot?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Feb 14 11:25:37 UTC 2014

Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:13:57 +0200 було написано Freek de Kruijf
<f.de.kruijf at gmail.com>:

> Op vrijdag 14 februari 2014 11:47:15 schreef Yuri Chornoivan:
>> Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:58:39 +0200 було написано Freek de Kruijf
>>
>> <f.de.kruijf at gmail.com>:
>> > Message # 116 reads:
>> > In such cases, the only way to restore order is to kill &scdaemon;,
>> > &dirmngr;, &gpgsm; and &gpg; processes, in that order, via the
>> operating
>> > system tools (<command>top</command>, &Windows; Task-Manager, &etc;),
>> > until
>> > the operation get unblocked.
>> >
>> > In my view this is something which happens in a Linux/Unix system, so
>> > &Windows; is misplaced here, because it refers to a MS-Windows system.
>> >
>> > What is meant here is simply the task manager of the desktop windows
>> in
>> > KDE.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> scdaemon, dirmngr, gpgsm and gpg have no windows. That's why I think
>> it's
>> Windows® Task Manager. If you feel it is inappropriate, this can be
>> changed to "Task Manager" in general.
>
> Especially the top command makes me think in the direction of a
> Linux/Unix
> system only. I believe that top command is _not_ available in
> MS-Windows. So I
> believe the text only talks about the task manager in a Linux/Unix
> system,
> which makes the use of &Windows; inappropriate.

Actually, top can be installed in procps package of cygwin installation of
GnuPG for Windows (see the screenshot attached, Windows XP SP3, cygwin
command prompt).

But Ok, I (or Burkhard if he wants) will remove the word "Windows" from
this phrase.

Best regards,
Yuri