[kde-doc-english] Fwd: Re: KDE screensaver/locker blues

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 20:33:25 UTC 2014

On Saturday February 08 2014 20:07:01 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> On Saturday February 08 2014 12:19:34 you wrote:
>
> > Please check your settings described here:
> >
> > http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-workspace/kcontrol/screensaver/index.html
> >

> Thanks, but that's the exact text that the Help Centre shows, and which
> doesn't provide an answer to my issue. Doing what's said, it's the default
> blueish lock screen that kicks in after the specified time, not the screen
> saver as requested.

It's this issue:
http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=110458

and the solution at the end, i.e. *allowing* desktop effect for fullscreen windows, makes the screensaver kick in at once. Almost at once that is, I still see the default lock screen with its password dialogue for an instant (which I think ought not happen when the screen is not being locked but that's another topic).