[kde-doc-english] Small question about Kst documentation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Dec 2 17:36:30 UTC 2014

написане Mon, 01 Dec 2014 23:49:03 +0200, Burkhard Lück
<lueck at hube-lueck.de>:

> Am Montag, 1. Dezember 2014, 22:35:09 schrieben Sie:
>> Hi Burkhard,
>>
>> I am considering adding some Kst documentation update tasks to this
>> year's
>> Google Code-In. I have just checked quickly the current state of the
>> documentation generated from the old kst 1.X docbook files and I have
>> the
>> following impressions: 1) The contents are still mostly interesting and
>> relevant but some parts need a substantial overhaul 2) All screenshots
>> are
>> desperately outdated
>> 3) DocBook is not easy to work with, especially for newbies
>> 4) With the tutorials I recently uploaded on youtube
>> (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuYlIZjLCWsDS6d3ghVZWrA) and the old
>> contents anybody with good English skills should be able to produce
>> something decent
>>
>> Based on that I would propose to move the contents from DocBook to ODT
>> so
>> that anybody can edit them easily. But I am unsure whether this is the
>> most
>> efficient approach, if in the end everything has to be ported back to
>> DocBook.
>>
>> I'd be interested by any experienced advice on how to go about it
>> without
>> scaring new contributors away.
>>
>> Thanks for any hint,
>>
>> Nicolas

Hi,

If you are really concerned about cooperation it is better to use the
platform which is tailored for cooperation, our wiki:

https://userbase.kde.org/Writing_an_Application_Manual

Moreover, the wiki manual can be translated. The only disadvantage it
cannot be easily converted into offline docs but Qt-only applications
cannot load DocBooks anyway.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Yuri