[kde-doc-english] Documenting Commandline Applications

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 18:44:19 UTC 2014

On Friday 15 August 2014 11:30 PM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Hi, the KDE documentation infrastructure is DocBook based; also manpages are
> generated from a DocBook source. The infrastructure allows for localization of
> all DocBook documents (so even localized manpages).
>
> We have some documentation for books, but I'm not sure it covers manpages as
> well:
> http://l10n.kde.org/docs/
>
> There are many manpages you can check and compare for reference; you can look
> for them in kdelibs and other modules, they are called man-
> <something>.docbook.
>
> I don't know about RST to DocBook converter, but I can investigate.
>
> Feel free to ask for more details.
>
> Ciao

Many thanks for the quick response :)

I looked into the kdelibs module and found the kdoctools directory which
contained a template for man pages (man-template.docbook) which I will
use as a starting point and also from inspecting the 'kdelibs/doc'
folder I found the CMake macro kde4_create_manpage which I think will be
really helpful.

Again, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, much
appreciated! :)

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal