[kde-doc-english] Problem with "set date and time automatically'

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Sep 3 15:53:16 UTC 2013

написане Tue, 03 Sep 2013 17:39:17 +0300, Biplab Mallick
<biplabmallick.sal at gmail.com>:

> I have installed Kubuntu 13.04 in my computer, but when I try to set
> date and time automatically, it shows error and system time is not
> correct. I am in Kolkata, India. Please help.

Hi,

This list is for documentation writers. So you question is slightly off
topic here.

Please use user support channels to ask question about usage of KDE.

http://userbase.kde.org/Getting_Help

On your question:

1. Make sure that ntp package is installed (install it with Muon).

2. Check if this package is sane (using Konsole window): sudo ntpstat

3. Configure NTP using KDE System Settings module: Alt+F2 -> type "time"
-> choose "Date & Time" -> check "Set
date and time automatically" -> choose the right NTP server.

4. Test if everything is Ok: sudo ntpstat

Should you feel that the whole system of automatic setting of time in your
distribution is broken, please report the bug against your distribution:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/

thanks for your understanding, hope you will overcome your troubles soon.

Best regards,
Yuri