[kde-doc-english] Okular Handbook

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Sep 1 14:25:46 UTC 2013

написане Sun, 01 Sep 2013 16:59:32 +0300, Philip Jones
<pjduns at netscape.net>:

>  Hi,
> I've just been using 'Annotations' in Okular for the first time and had
> a bit of trouble getting the instructions in the Handbook to work.
> "Adding annotations
>  To add some annotations to the document, you have to activate the
> annotating toolbar. This is done by either selecting Tools → Review or
> pressing F6. Once the annotating toolbar is shown, just press one of its
> buttons to start constructing that annotation."
> This isn't quite enough on my system. After I'd selected the type of
> note to add I then had to click within the pdf to locate the note.  I
> used the Post-it style of note and of course having seen it work I
> realise it works in a similar way to inserting a note into a
> word-processed document, but that didn't occur to me beforehand.
> I thought it might save a bit of frustration for people slow on the
> uptake like me if you could perhaps add something like "and click in the
> document where you want to display the note" after "buttons" in the last
> sentence of the paragraph quoted above.
> I'd have found this helpful in getting to note creation quicker and I
> hope it would make it clearer for others too.
> My system is a Linux Mint 14 KDE edition and I am very impressed overall
> with the way Okular works.
> Kind regards
>
> Philip Jones

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. KDE Documentation Team will prepare a patch
to Okular docs according to your recommendations. We (with KDE
documentation coordinator) have decided that it is worth to explain each
tool usage in detail so it will take some time to make it right.

The updated docs (we really hope so) should be a part of the next Okular
release.

Best regards,
Yuri