[kde-doc-english] Documentation Status and Todo's for 4.11

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon May 27 20:15:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in 4.11 we have 158 application documentations. So far 39 (25%) of them show
> already  "4.11" in releaseinfo, whereas code master is just at 4.10.60, that's
> not not too bad ;-)
> (To be honest better than ever since 3.0)
>
> Documentation Freeze (except kdepim) is Monday, July 8, 2013: KDE SC 4.11, so
> we have some time for improvement of docbooks.
>
> On my todo list are dolphin, konqueror, kwallet, kfind so far.
>
> Kate + KWrite -> T.C. ?

I have all the stuff moved around now, just waiting for the ok to push
to master.  Other than that, I just have to finish up the new
development section and make sure everything is up to date for 4.11.
Should be done well ahead of July.

I might also work on documenting some of the new plugins, but that's a
neverending battle.  ;-)

> David, some proofreading (much appreciated) here and there?
>
> Yuri, any plans?
>
> Do the Fundamentals need updates or improvements?
> Maybe merge breadcrumb stuff from dolphin?
> What about adding/merging the Visual Dictionary from branches/work/doc and
> http://userbase.kde.org/User:Claus_chr/Visual_Dictionary

Yeah, I kind of dropped the ball on this for a long while.  :-(  I'll
revive my efforts here soon.

> KMail/kdepim doc need a lot of love, the infos on Laurents Blog
> (http://www.aegiap.eu/kdeblog/) could be used to improve some kdepim docbooks.
>
> Anything else you know it needs an update, has outdated info's?
>
> Thanks.

-T.C.