[kde-doc-english] Kate documentation chapter shuffling

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon May 27 19:57:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, 20. Mai 2013, 08:38:13 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it's a very nice improvement to have in KDE 4.11. I do not see any
>> flaws in the proposed patch now.

Yes, this definitely wasn't intended for 4.10.  :-)

> Agreed, your changes make sense.
>
>> The only problem is the translations. IT
>> will be good to concatenate some catalogs to make the translation handling
>> easier right before the commit.
>>
> For your current changes (move part from advanced.docbook to new
> development.docbook - the move of parts from menus.docbook to plugins.docbook
> did not happen so far, right?) it is no problem to handle translation shuffling.

Yeah, I forgot about that part.  It's done in the clone now.

> Me also prefers to have less and bigger docbooks, so may you could merge some
> small docbooks like mdi into an existing docbook?
>
> But ist is of course up to you as maintainer to decide about this.

Yeah, the stuff in mdi.docbook makes a lot more sense inside
fundamentals.docbook.  I moved that too.

>> Should it appears that there will be some minor mistakes, it is easier to
>> fix them in situ when the changes will be committed.
>>
> Yes.
>
> I'd propose the folliwing procedure:
>
> 1) Docbook shuffling, but no new/changed content in your clone to your needs
>
> 2) Merge into master. Please provide info what was shuffled in the commit log
> (like "moved part of a.docbook to b.docbook", "moved c.docbook into d.docbook"
> etc.), cc kde-i18n-doc at kde.org and tell translators not to touch the
> translations until translation merging/moving is done (probably by me). I'll
> give translation teams a notice, when this is finished.
>
> 3) Then change/add/improve docbook content in master. Please keep July 8,
> 2013: KDE SC 4.11 Documentation Freeze in mind.

It should be ready to push to master now.  Let me know when it's okay
and I'll merge it and notify the translators.

-T.C.