[kde-doc-english] sudo?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue May 21 05:49:17 UTC 2013

написане Tue, 21 May 2013 04:35:46 +0300, Jerry Nelson
<jerrynelson at speakeasy.net>:

> "Sudo" does not appear in the alphabetized list.
> I see no topic heading on root, or privileges, or super user.
>
> I start the editor, I am not warned I have no privileges to change the
> file, I
> work and cannot save my work.  This is a dead end that wastes my work.
>
> Please enrich the documentation to deal with "privileges", "superuser"
> "sudo".
>
> Please add a warning if I lack r/w privileges for the file I have opened.
>
> Please make a menu item that gets me into sudo mode even if the menu is
> only
> informational and I must relaunch the app myself.
>
> I apologize in advance if there are answers to these issues in Kate and
> I just
> did not see them.
>
> kdesudo kate?
>
> --jerry

Hi,

Sure, it's a Kate bug (depends on developers PoV but closing without
prompt to save the file with a different name is not a nice thing).

Can you file a bug report against Kate [1]?

@all Regarding documentation, can we just copy the old chapter about
su/sudo from KDE 3 User Guide to Fundamentals taking into account that
kdesudo is Ubuntu specific?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,
Yuri