[kde-doc-english] Open source documentation conference

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Wed Mar 27 21:05:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I run an open source documentation and support conference in June.
I mentioned it on IRC and it was recommended that I email the list.
I know I've emailed this list about the conference in previous years,
so I hope it's OK.

http://openhelpconference.com/

Open Help features a two-day conference that has a strong focus on
open discussion. About half the time is spent on presentations and
demos, with the rest devoted to attendee-led discussions. This has
been popular in the past, and it lets us learn from the experiences
of a lot of different people and projects.

After the conference, we host three days of documentation sprints
for multiple teams. Each team runs its own sprint, but we all get
together to share thoughts and just hang out. I don't know if the
KDE docs team has done docs sprints in the past, but I find them
really useful for getting people more involved.

I'd love to have some KDE folks out. Please let me know if you
have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Shaun