[kde-doc-english] Helping with the KDE documentation efforts

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Mar 17 16:42:02 UTC 2013

написане Sun, 17 Mar 2013 18:18:20 +0200, Eelco de Vlieger
<eelcodevlieger at hotmail.com>:

> Hello,
>

> I am interested to find out more about the process of contributing to
> the KDE documentation (in the KDE Help Center); where the content is
> located and how it can be updated.
>
> I found this email address in the KDE Help Center PDF:
> http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-runtime/khelpcenter/khelpcenter.pdf
>

> Kind regards,
> Eelco de Vlieger.

Hi,

Many thanks for your proposal.

1. The content can be found where the code is (in KDE SVN [1] or KDE Git
[2]). Usually documentation is stored in /doc subfolders. Some user
documentation can also be found on KDE UserBase [3]. An exact address
depends on what kind of documentation you like to update or write.

The current documentation is automatically converted into convenient for
reading format. Converted docs are available through docs.kde.org [4].

2. The documentation can be updated by the direct editing of its code,
then sending patches via review board [5], this mailing list (please
subscribe if you want to participate) or direct commits to software
repositories.

The current state of docs is indicated on the corresponding page [6]. It
is a good idea to contact the developers before starting to write new docs
to discuss the docs implementation with them.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/