[kde-doc-english] Missing Calligra Help

Stephen Leibowitz librestephen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 22:42:16 UTC 2013

Dear KDE Docs Team:

My system is Windows XP. I have Calligra 2.6.1 (2.6.0.35), which is
the most recent release for Windows. In Calligra Words, the sequence
Help | Calligra Words Handbook  F1  gives the message, “The requested
help file could not be parsed:<br/>c:/program
files/calligra/share/doc/html/en//khelpcenter/documentationnotfound/index.docbook”.

The folder  Program Files\Calligra\share\doc\HTML  has documentation
for Sheets and Stage, but not for Calligra Words, Calligra Flow,
Calligra Plan, Karbon, or Krita.

The sequence  Help | About Calligra Words  gives a small popup window
with the link http://www.calligra.org/words/ . That Internet page
gives an overview, but does not provide a link to any help. There is
no link from that page or from F1 in Words to either
http://userbase.kde.org/Words. or
http://userbase.kde.org/KWord/Tutorials . Calligra Flow, Calligra
Plan, and Karbon also lack links to online documentation.

While Krita does not have local documentation on Windows, the  About
Krita  window has a link to http://www.krita.org . From there it is
not difficult to find online documentation about Krita.

I submitted Bug 316421 - Missing Calligra Words Help File. My bug
report also mentioned that Calligra Flow, Calligra Plan, and Karbon
had a similar problem. I suggested that an interim solution for Words
would be to place in the  About Calligra Words  window a link to the
KWord documentation. I suggested this as a possibility:

     Previous documentation:
     http://userbase.kde.org/KWord/Tutorials

One of the developers has marked Bug 316421 as RESOLVED WONTFIX.

To summarize, the Help situation is poor for Windows users of Calligra
Words, Calligra Flow, Calligra Plan, and Karbon.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Stephen Leibowitz