[kde-doc-english] Rewrite of Documentation Primer

Randall Wood randall at woodbriceno.net
Thu Mar 7 09:33:01 UTC 2013

On 03/02/2013 10:09 PM, Randall Wood wrote:
> On 02/28/2013 09:54 PM, Randall Wood wrote:
>>
>> I'm just writing to let everyone know I've begun work on this. I'll
>> be merging those three docs into one, updating a bit, removing
>> outdated references, and filling out the bits that weren't clear to
>> me until I learned them elsewhere - especially now that we're mostly
>> off SVN and mostly on GIT. I'll have a draft for everyone to review
>> later in March.

Question 4: Is there some authoritative source of current entities and
acceptable XML tags?  Going through these old (2003, 2004) docs like the
Primer and the Markup Guide, it seems a lot of XML tags have been used
that are no longer legitimate and lead to question marks in the rendered
text.

<quote></quote> is one that comes to mind, but there are many others
that in my PDF version of the Primer at least, didn't render correctly.
If the DTD has changed I'll perhaps do a sweep and clean out these old
tags so the docs look right.