[kde-doc-english] Review board error.

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 05:08:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Scarlett Clark
<scarlett at scarlettgatelyclark.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I am going to wait on further contributions until I have a proper
> test environment set up to test my changes. My fix duplicates his commit. So
> more wasted time. I understand that broken builds need to be fixed ASAP, so
> I need to make sure I don't break things as I learn.

I noticed in the mail about the &Sendmail; issue that you seem to be
compiling the whole source tree of the KDE component in order to
rebuild the documentation.  You don't really need to do that.  (It's a
good thing to know so you can test the latest versions of applications
to find new things to fix in the documentation, but not strictly
necessary for just working on them.)

Instead, you can use `meinproc4` to compile the documentation, which
will just dump *.html files right in the current working directory.

For example, to compile the KMail docs:
cd /path/to/git/clone/of/kdepim/doc/kmail/
meinproc4 index.docbook

Then you can open them in Konqueror or KHelpCenter:
konqueror index.html
khelpcenter index.html

And, clean up when you're done (though you don't strictly have to do
this if you're careful with git):
rm *.html

-T.C.