[kde-doc-english] [Kde-pim] Ship it.

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Jun 14 16:43:26 UTC 2013

On Friday, 2013-06-14, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Scarlett Clark <
>
> scarlett at scarlettgatelyclark.com> wrote:
> > Clearly I have no idea what to do when I get this. Could someone tell me
> > how I
> > "Ship it" .
>
> You commit & push the patch you got "Ship it!" for :)

To expand a bit more on this:

bascially it is the "go ahead" permission to put the change into the main
repository.
For people with KDE commit access that means "git push" to the respective
branch.
For people without such an account it means either waiting for such a person
to push or asking someone to push (as has happend for your change).

If you check Laurent's second review, he was asking which of the two groups
you belong to: "Do you have an account to commit it ?"

I most cases a person from the second category quickly becomes a person of the
first category if the contribution is the start of a series of contributions
:)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring