[kde-doc-english] error in manual

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sun Jul 28 13:10:55 UTC 2013

Am Freitag, 26. Juli 2013, 20:22:23 schrieb Philip Jackson:
> Kleopatra 2.1.1
> Kleopatra Handbook
> Chapter 3 : File Menu
>
> File -> Export Secret Keys ..
>
> contrary to what is stated in this manual, "Exports both the public and the
> secret key to a file.",  Kleopatra only exports the secret key.
>
> I have tried this several times and the public key is not contained in the
> exported keyblock - as verified by using the ascii armour option.

You are right, this has to be fixed in the handbook.

> It would also be useful to add a note stating that the filename and path
> have both to be defined.  The dialog box opened by Kleopatra when exporting
> is misleading in this respect and if you don't use the icon to open the
> directory structure and select a suitable directory, the saved file cannot
> be found (does not exist ?).  When the file structure icon is pressed, the
> default path seems to be :
>
> \program files(x86)\GNU\GnuPG\   (at least under Windows7 64bit)

Depends how you started Kleopatra. On Linux this is apparently either the home
folder if started via the application starter menu or if started in a konsole,
the actual working folder.

> but I have never been able to find a saved file in this directory even
> though Kleopatra says it has been successfully saved.  An attempt to save
> again into this default structure shows the first file and queries whether
> to overwrite it.   But when using windows explorer to try to locate the
> file, it cannot be found (I don't have any hidden files - my conclusion is
> that the file was not saved).  If the default path is changed to something
> different, the saved file can later be found easily.

No problem here using Kleopatra / Dolphin under Linux.

> This whole exporting process is not well explained in the manual.

You are right, the explanation of the export process needs to be improved.

Thanks for your mail.

--
Burkhard Lück