[kde-doc-english] Introducing Myself

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Jul 18 11:06:00 UTC 2013

Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:15:57 +0300 було написано Adrián Chaves Fernández
<adriyetichaves at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Adrián Chaves Fernández (Gallaecio), and my constributions to
> KDE
> are mostly Galician translations. Talking to Valerie and Claus in the
> Documentation BoF yesterday, they suggested that I introduce myself to
> the
> list.
>
> While I do not plan to work on KDE documentation — not in the short term
> anyway — I am a Technical Writter in my Real Life™ job, and my company
> works
> with MediaWiki. Because of that and because of my involvement in the
> Galician
> edition of the Wiktionary project, I am quite interested in MediaWiki and
> related technologies.
>
> So, even if I don’t contribute actually writing documentation, I would
> not
> mind (and it would be actually kind of fun :) to contribute to make
> working
> with MediaWiki easier. And I can do that with PyWikipediaBot and Editora.
>

> PyWikipediaBot is a Python framework to work with MediaWiki sites. It’s a
> powerfull framework that allows to automate almost any task that a
> MediaWiki
> user can perform.
>
> Just by using regular expressions I can perform replacements in any wiki
> easily. That includes spellchecking, fixing links, and almost any
> replacement
> you can think of.
>
> I can also use the framework to write Python scripts that you can use to
> perform more advanced tasks, such as renaming bunches of pages, uploading
> files, and such.
>
> So please, if there is any repetitive task that you are about to perform
> that
> you think I might be able to automate (I probably can), just let me
> know. If
> using the framework is enough, I might be able to perform the task in
> less
> than 24 hours. If I need to write a script, I will happily do so (it’s
> fun!)
> and we can maintain a Git repository somewhere where anyone can fetch the
> script and use it.
>

> Editora is the name — I would not mind changing it, ideas are welcome! —
> of a
> KDE MediaWiki editor I’m working on. The long-term goals of the editor
> are:
>
> 	• Syntax highlighting and code completion of MediaWiki code.
> 	• Live preview of the resulting page while writing MediaWiki code.
> 	• Offline edition, with session/project support.
> 	• Visual edition.
> 	• Plugin support.
>
> I’m not an experienced developer, so I do not expect to reach those
> goals any
> time soon; in fact, since this project does not have my full attention
> (none
> [...]

Hi Adrián,

It is great to meet you here. :)

Any help will be much appreciated. To be honest, you have already helped
the team from time to time by reporting the bugs in the documentation so
you are not a new person here. ;)

Best regards,
Yuri