[kde-doc-english] New mascots and KDE docs in PDF

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Jul 14 10:27:12 UTC 2013

> Am Freitag, 28. Juni 2013, 19:17:59 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> > написане Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:49:15 +0300, Myriam Schweingruber
> >
> > <myriam at kde.org>:
> > > Hi all,

> > > Looks akward TBH. KMail is a professional tool, having toy mascots
> > > might be OK for Edu or Games, it really looks very unprofessional for
> > > a handbook of a software that also targets enterprises. I wouldn't put
> > > the old Konqi in there either, for the same reasons.

> > > The logo looks borked on my side, what happend to the KMail Icon?
> > > There should be a scalable version of the Oxygen icon, no? Seems
> > > certainly more suitable than toy figures.
> > >

> > > Regards, Myriam
> >
> > Ok. So is it suitable to make the rules as follows:
> >
> > 1. The application logo if it exists.
> > 2. The Oxygen logo for the applications without logos and KCMs.
> >
> fine for me.
>
> --
> Burkhard Lück

Ok. Now all PDFs should have an application icon on the frontpage and KDE logo if the application does not have an icon.

Hope I did not break too much and everything will be online on the next Friday. Not all PDFs for icons are ready now but I will try to have a complete set as soon as possible (any help will be appreciated).

Best regards,
Yuri