[kde-doc-english] aqbanking

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 22 18:53:20 UTC 2013

On 2013.12.22 12:42, mrosengr at t-online.de wrote:
> I have seen somewhere that KDE also has banking capabilities as front
> end to
> "aqbanking".  But in the "help function" for KDE there is no
> information about
> this as far as I can see!
>
> If KDE has this capability , how is this done?
>
> Mats Rosengren
> mrosengr at t-online.de

Mats,

This would not be a feature of KDE itself, but of one or more
applications in the KDE world.  I know that KMM (KMyMoney) has this
ability, but being in the US, I haven't used it or paid much attention
to it.  I believe (but am not certain) that the underlying aqbanking
libraries are not KDE specific, so they would be pulled in as
dependencies by your distribution's package manager.  If you have any
problems with it after installing KMyMoney, you can get better help of
their mailing list, at https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kmymoney/, or
start at http://kmymoney.org.

I suspect that other KDE applications also have this ability, probably
using the same underlying aqbanking libraries.

Jack