[kde-doc-english] need help setting KDE network settings for local LAN shares

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Dec 17 06:50:39 UTC 2013

написане Tue, 17 Dec 2013 04:36:11 +0200, David Lee Berry
<de.doughboy at gmail.com>:

> Dear Sir or Madam:
>
> Is there a tool for setting network shares on KDE mint16?
>
> I read the user manual but KDE doesn't seem to allow control over IPA4 of
> local network shares.  Is there a help page?
>
> kind regards,
> -- LEE
>
> FYI-click here.....*David Lee
> Berry*<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=41063359&trk=tab_pro>
>  p:+1(619)312-4815     M:+1(619)663-3125
>  Twitter: @LeeWhiteTiger <https://twitter.com/#!/LeeWhitetiger>
>  web-splash: http://wp.me/P3GGHo-1
>

> -- *What do you get if you cross a tiger with a snowman?
> *ans...Frostbite !

Hi,

It is very easy to configure share resources in KDE. To share some folder
just select it in Dolphin, press Alt+Enter and go to "Share" tab.

Further tips can be found here:

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kde-runtime/kcontrol/smb/index.html

You can also use bookmarks to access shares or use smb4K for complex
configurations:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55247264/smb4k.pdf

Hope this helps.

Best regards,