[kde-doc-english] Entity 'Scarlett.Clark.mail' not defined

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Wed Aug 21 13:30:42 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, 21. August 2013, 05:48:40 schrieb Scarlett Clark:
> On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 01:27:35 PM Torsten Grote:
> > Hi Scarlett,
> >
> > I hope that you had nice vacations! :)
> >
> > On Tuesday 20 August 2013 11:02:54 Scarlett Clark wrote:
> > > That ENTITY is defined in:
> > > kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/entities/contributor.entities:91:<!ENTIT
> > > Scarlett.Clark.mail '<email>scarlett at scarlettgatelyclark.com</email>'>
> >
> > I have kdelibs 4.10.5 installed which normally works and is completely
> > fine for the build process.
> >
> > > Maybe you need to build kdelibs? Sorry I am not an expert, so this is
> > > only a  guess. I have not had any issues with the build though.
> >
> > You probably have a more recent kdelibs. But please don't not introduce
> > dependencies to new kdelibs versions if not really necessary. And if
> > necessary that dependency should be reflected in the CMake scripts.
> >
> > Maybe we should take this to the list?

The entity "Scarlett.Clark.mail" is defined twice, once in the header of
kmail/index.docbook and second in kdelibs since 4.11.0

KDEPim docbooks with this entity (so far only kmail/*docbooks + the new
kmailcvt/index.docbook) are only valid for kdepim >= 4.11.0, not for kdepim
4.10.x

This is no new dependency, you simply can not build kdepim 4.11 with kdelibs
4.10.

Building documentation from kde x.y with a kdelibs <x.y is not supported for
all kde main modules.

--
Burkhard Lück