[kde-doc-english] KMail Manage Scripts

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Aug 8 16:19:35 UTC 2013

написане Thu, 08 Aug 2013 18:49:39 +0300, Dr. Lyman Hazelton
<lrh at alum.mit.edu>:

> Hi!  I'm using PC-BSD 9.1 (amd64).  For the most part, it is a delightful
> update.
>
> In KMail, under the Settings Menu, there is an entry for "Manage Sieve
> Scripts".  I know about RFC3028 and would like to supply a script to
> accomplish some tasks.  However, none of the buttons on the "Manage Sieve
> Scripts" are active (not even New).  Is there some preference variable
> that
> needs to be set to activate this window, or am I missiong something else?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
>        -Lyman

Hi!

You need to enable sieve scripting for your IMAP account first.

1. Choose Settings -> Configure KMail...
2. Switch to "Accounts" tab.
3. Choose your account in the list on the rigth pane.
4. Click on "Modify".
5. Switch to "Filtering" tab.
6. Check "Server supports Sieve".
7. Click "OK"

Now you should be able to write scripts after clicking your account item
in the "Manage Sieve Scripts" window and then "New..."

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri