[kde-doc-english] Review Request 111900: Documentation: Menus.docbook Composer menu Message

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 02:25:34 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:19 AM, Scarlett Clark
<scarlett at scarlettgatelyclark.com> wrote:
> No you are right. It looks alot better. Kate was indenting my work and
> that is where it all started with the changes. I was unaware of this great
> file and wish I would have known about it long ago, but better late than
> never :). I want to do this the right way and "consistent" as you said. So I
> am fixing the whole file now.

I switch Kate's fancy XML indentation mode to the standard one for
this very reason.  :-)

Just go to Settings > Configure Kate > Editor Component > Open/Save >
Modes & Filetypes, select "Markup/XML" from the "Filetype dropdown",
and then select "Normal" under "Indentation Mode".

In this mode, Kate will always maintain your current indentation level
unless you explicitly indent with the TAB key.  You could also select
None, in which case Kate will always start at the first column of the
line, but that's much less desirable IMHO.

-T.C.