[kde-doc-english] can't pull up documentation

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sat Sep 15 06:17:13 UTC 2012

написане Fri, 14 Sep 2012 23:46:24 +0300, John Princiotta
<jprinciotta at challc.net>:

> I'm looking into what the PC specs should be to run your software.
> Please let me know
>
> Thank you,
>
> John A. Princiotta

Hi,

KDE 4 can work (tested up to 4.4 for 1.5 years) on AMD Athlon 1600+, 512
MB RAM, ATi RADEON 9600 XT, 256 MB, 6GB on hard disk for the core system.

Now I use Mandriva 2 (KDE 4.8.5) on Intel Core 2 E4700, 4 GB of RAM,
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450, 1 GB, 10 GB on hard disk for the core system with
no problems.

The exact specification depends on what you want to do with your system
(Microsoft claims that Windows 7 can run on 1 GHz processor on 1 GB RAM,
but it does not mean that you can run anything on top of such system ;) ).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri