[kde-doc-english] gwenview manual

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Nov 29 06:04:29 UTC 2012

написане Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:33:49 +0200, <a-mueller-eichenau at t-online.de>:

> applies to : gwenview within  Kubuntu 12.04
>
> Good morning , ladies and gentlemen ,
>
> in that manual explanations only are given for  changing size and
> orientation
> of pictures but not for handling colors ( brightness, contrast ,gamma )
> which
> worked so well e.g. in KDE3.1  with Kubuntu 6.x .  ( the program also
> does
> not show corresponding buttons )
> When trying to download kipi-plugins-commons  using aptitude and also
> synaptic , an error was reported like "" //de.archive.ubuntu.com http
> .... is
> not a valid hostname "
> So , where do I have  to proceed to obtain a fully working  gwenview ?
>
> Thank you for your response . Have a nice day !
>
> Anton Mueller .

Hi,

KIPI plugins of new version can easily accomplish typical batch tasks of
image processing. Just install kipi-plugins package and use Plugins ->
Batch processing -> Color images. But it cannot change
Brightness/Contrast/Gamma directly.

Please use full-featured photo editors for this. The most efficient photo
processing in KDE can be done using digiKam/Showphoto. Tutorial:

http://userbase.kde.org/Showfoto/Brightness

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri