[kde-doc-english] Konqueror does not Conquer

Bob Gold bgold2005 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 00:00:39 UTC 2012

Been dual-booting ubuntu for years. Finally revisited KDE (plasma).
1. Nice but why is konqueror still non-standard?

no Ctrl-Enter, no Ctrl+F4

I read one elitist comment about 'most websites' don't require the www.

another tried to be helpful but shortcuts dont do this
(no info about how to CREATE the shortcut to insert  http://www.{0}.com
(this was circa 2009) only can CHANGE the given shortcuts

I appreciate that Konq. does so much but this is too severe a tradeoff

I'm already annoyed with some browsers misinterpreting my URLs as a
search request instead of navigation

(smells like browser hijacking to insert ad revenue results)

2. Why does my google mail (gmail) regard Konq. as an older (inferior) browser?

3. Why when I tried to email you does the mail link open in T-bird
which then gives a 'incorrect format' re my email address which then
appears correctly when I open the main T-bird panel? maybe my fault
(and i did use Tbird under windows years ago) but I couldnt see how to
correct my config from the brief msg Tbird gave me. Hence I has to cut
and paste this msg to - Gmail!

Thanks