[kde-doc-english] Wrong units in kmid documentation

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at gmail.com
Thu May 31 22:21:28 UTC 2012

On donderdag 31 mei 2012 17:02:54 Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> написане Thu, 31 May 2012 11:47:56 +0300, Freek de Kruijf
>
> <f.de.kruijf at gmail.com>:
> > In trunk docmessages/extragear-multimedia/kmid.pot message #196 reads:
> >
> > A typical &MIDI; file weights around 50 Kb. while the typical mp3
> > filesize
> > is 4 Mb. And with a good synthesizer device, you can get a comparable
> > sound
> > quality. Even more, with a &MIDI; file, you can change individual
> > instruments, change the velocity of a song, &etc; so you have more
> > overall
> > control.
> >
> > Kb should be KB and Mb should be MB
> > Furthermore weights should be contains.
>
> Fixed. Thanks.
>
> However KMid is now unmaintained [1], so it is not clear when the update
> will be released.
>
> [1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-extra-gear&m=133046054208309&w=2

KMid uses either timidity or fluidsynth, if a soft synth is needed. Normally
timidity has a very limited amount of instruments. Initializing fluidsynth in
KMid, it has a pointer to a file /usr/share/sounds/sf2/FluidR3_GM.sf2 which is
not present in my distribution. It is available on the Internet in a zip file,
which does not contain any license, however I found a remark that it is
available with a license something like LGPL. I don't know if fluidsynth and
timidity are part of KDE. If so, I wonder if it is possible to include
FluidR3_GM.sf2 also. In that case the configuration file of timidity should
also contain a reference to this sf2 file.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf