[kde-doc-english] Fwd: Re: [Kde-imaging] Update kipi-plugins docbooks

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Tue May 22 14:07:11 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'd like to invite you to help updating the kipi-plugins docbooks.

What I have in mind:

* Merge everything into one docbook

* Structure similar to Konqueror or Kate plugins. Write at least one or two
sentences about a plugin and its usecase and - if there is more up to date
infos - link to a separate section like the current Send Images docs.
Use the order of the menuitems in the Tools menu for the plugins.

Using that workflow we can strip off all outdated nonsense and quickly have a
docbook with limited, but valid content. And later this can be extended easily
with additional sections for a plugin.

Where to do this? As usual in branches/work/doc or in an own git branch in
kipi-plugins-doc, which has to be merged with master/latest stable in git
then?

I see the Acquire Images plugin as a special issue. Afaik it looks like it is
not much more than a shell around the scanwidget from
kdegraphics/libs/libksane.

libksane is used from the Acquire Images plugin, skanlite and apparently a lot
of other applications applications (kolourpaint, calligra/koffice, etc).
Sanning is a common task, sounds like a candidate for the KDE Fundamentals?
Then we could simply use a link to that section in fundamentals here and may
be also replace some parts of the skanlite docbook with a link to that
section?

CC'ing Kåre Särs, the libksane + skanlite maintainer therefore.

Any comments, ideas, plans to improve this?

Thanks