[kde-doc-english] branches/work/doc

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Mar 8 19:30:57 UTC 2012

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 03/08/2012 01:30 PM, Burkhard Lück wrote:

> But what I am concerned about is the different meaning of 'hide'
> (Tooltip) and 'exit' (your text).
>
> To be honest I have not tested these rules, but see a difference
> between the term 'exit' (windows is closed/destroyed) and the term
> 'hide' (window is in the background covered by other windows or
> minimized to the panel).

Hi Burkhard,

I don't believe `hide' as defined above comes in to play KWin Rules.

The KWin Rules allows one to set/unset attributes for a window.  For
example, we can say that we wish for a window to always start with
`Keep above' set.  After minimizing it and bringing it back, it'd
still have the attribute set:  Keep above.

> Thanks for your fast response.

YW.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo.blog.blueoakdb.com