[kde-doc-english] Building blocks ready to go into master?

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Mar 2 05:25:48 UTC 2012

написане Fri, 02 Mar 2012 00:09:07 +0200, Burkhard Lück
<lueck at hube-lueck.de>:

> Am Mittwoch, 29. Februar 2012, 23:21:13 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>> El Dimarts, 28 de febrer de 2012, a les 21:14:06, T.C. Hollingsworth va
>>
>> escriure:
>>
>> escriure:

>> idea

>> infos
>> for
>> well,

>> simply

>> > Well, for Kate/KWrite I probably won't drop the Settings menu, since
>> > there's some katepart-specific stuff in there too and sending them to
>> > buildingblocks for three entries is kind of silly IMHO.  Okular has a
>> > bunch of it's own stuff in there too, so you'll probably want to do
>> > the same.
>> >
>> > I'll definitely just link to buildingblocks for the Help menu, though.
>> >
>> >  IMHO, if users actually need to read the docs for the help menu they
>> >
>> > would probably benefit greatly from a pointer to the other fundamental
>> > stuff in buildingblocks anyway.
>> >
>> > Also, we have shiny new documentation for Configure Shortcuts/Toolbars
>> > and other comman dialogs.  Those aren't documented at all ATM, so
>> > while you might want to keep short blurbs about those entries in the
>> > Okular doc, linking to the buildingblocks section that actually
>> > explains how to use them is a definite win.
>>
>> To be honest i'm still not sure of how it works (yes i can be that
>> difficult sometimes :D). Do we have a document that uses BuildingBlocks
>> already? That'd be the easy way for me to understand it :-)
>>
> Of course we have no documentation using buildingblocks so far, because
> BuildingBlocks are only in branches/work, not in trunk/master or a
> branch.
>
> The first user of buildingblocks will be kdegraphics/kcolorchooser, but
> that is
> just a X-DocPath in kcolorchooser.desktop pointing to
> buildingblocks/tasks.docbook id "colors" and not a typical use case.
>
> The docs in kde main modules are quite up to date regarding the info in
> buildingblocks, but less complete, any ideas for an application doc in
> extragear/playground with outdated infos about the common stuff
> documented in
> buildingblocks?

For me, it will be good to have shortcuts building block for this section
of Krecipes docs:

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-utils/krecipes/krecipes-preferences.html#configure-shortcuts

but it seems that the development of Krecipes is stale.

Best regards,
Yuri