[kde-doc-english] Possible sprint for KDE documentation?

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Fri Jun 1 01:12:44 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 23:58 +0200, Ingo Malchow wrote:
> 2012/5/31 Ingo Malchow <imalchow at kde.org>:
> > Dears lovers and contributors of KDE documentation,
> >
> > something that is floating around in my (and others') for a long time
> > is to target some issues we face with KDE documentation, be it on- or
> > offline. Some parts were already tackled during the last Webworld
> > sprint back in 2011, but was mostly limited to the online parts,
> > specifically our wikis. Now, IMO it is time think about combining
> > those 2 areas, on- and offline docu, and to give it some real life
> > meeting face to face and do the first KDE documenation sprint (or was
> > there already one?)
> >
> > In my vision it would involve who write our docbooks, or translate
> > them, together with those who are involved in translating/writing the
> > docu on our online platforms. And finally fix the gap fix the gap we
> > have between those 2 areas.
> >
> > So, here is the question,
>
> (sending button was too fast :P, finishing)
> would it be something that you all would forward to or even would be
> willing to attend? As target date, it could be around october this
> year or later, it of course depends on the available budget from the
> eV. But this mail is intended  to gather some feedback before anyone
> really tries to organize such event.

Hi Ingo,

I posted last month about the upcoming Open Help Conference & Sprints:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=133415393202540&w=2
http://openhelpconference.com/

It's two days of presentations and open discussion, followed by three
days (or more, if you want) of multiple-team sprints. The event is in
August, a bit earlier than your proposed sprint. But the multi-sprint
format allows you to work with other projects and distro documentation
people to share ideas, work, and solutions.

Is there anything I can do to get the KDE team to join in?

Thanks,
Shaun