[kde-doc-english] Calligra Documentation and Translations for 2.4.0

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Thu Jan 5 20:15:39 UTC 2012

Hi translation teams.

Calligra 2.4.0 will probably be released around the end of january.
I had a look at the documentation, it is in a bad state, so I decided to
remove the german docbooks for calligra yesterday.
It does not make sense to ship that :-(

From my pov Calligra 2.4.0 should not include any docbooks in git and the
translated docbooks in svn, there is simply too much outdated content.

Yuri worked on extraction of kexi docs from userdase to dobooks and I tried to
update the rest as much as possible.

This is the current situation:
* calliga/index.docbook  - in reviewboard, ready to be pushed to git
* kexi - exported from userbase, ready to be pushed to git
* tables - in reviewboard and needs some review from calligra devs, should
hopefully be ready to be pushed to git this weekend
* stage - work in progress, should hopefully be ready to be pushed to git next
weekend

Given everything is pushed to git until next weekend and current calligra
docmessages.po's merged in (for calligra + tables + stage) and koffice 2.3 kexi
docmessages.po's merged in, will lead to these numbers:

application translated fuzzy untranslated msg
calligra 23 37 7 67
tables 2.148 332 544 3.024
stage 331 84 20 435
kexi 245 4 1.072 1.321
sum 2.747 457 1.643 4.847

calligra+tables+stage can be easily translated, the 800 fuzzy+untranslated
msgs are mostly function messages.
Yuri with 100% translation on kexi userbase docs be be done in less a day ;-)

What to do?
Release Calligra 2.4.0 without any docbooks?
Push all updated docbooks to Git no matter if that breaks doc strings freeze?

<german coordinators hat on>

Push all updated docbooks to git

</german coordinators hat on>

Thanks.