[kde-doc-english] [RFC] "Split or not to Split" that is the question ; -)

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Jan 1 23:02:18 UTC 2012

> [: Burkhard Lück :]
> So my question is, what you prefer - one docbook/docmessages.po (as far as
> possible/sensible) or splitted docbook/docmessages.po's?

I think the best solution is: multiple docbooks, single PO. Multiple
docbooks is frequently more natural for authors, and single PO is more
natural for translators. In other words, documentation source splitting
should not have direct relation to PO splitting -- just like for code.

If our current documentation extraction-injection toolchain does not allow
for this differentiaton, that's one of its downsides...

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)