[kde-doc-english] Building blocks ready to go into master?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Feb 27 23:37:23 UTC 2012

El Dilluns, 27 de febrer de 2012, a les 22:57:26, Burkhard Lück va escriure:
> Am Sonntag, 26. Februar 2012, 23:23:23 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > Sorry for the top posting :-)
> >
> > One question about "Building blocks", i think you told me the idea was
> > that
> > "Building blocks" would be a separate manual, meaning that the Okular
> > manual (using Okular as example here) would no longer have the information
> > of how the "File" menu works, but instead if would have a link to the
> > "Building blocks" manual that speaks of the "File" menu.
> >
> > Is this right or did I misunderstood you?
>
> Somehow you misunderstood me resp. the use case for the "Building blocks".
>
> Using the okular docs as example, there are some "File" menu items special
> to Okular.
> Of course these items (Import PostScript as PDF, Save As, Save Copy As,
> Print Preview, Properties, Embedded Files, Export As etc.) will be in the
> Okular docs.
> And if there are other items in the Okular "File" menu with more infos as in
> the current "Building blocks" documentation ("File → Open" for example) and
> if these infos are valid for other applications as well, these docs will be
> used to extend/update the building blocks documantation.
>
> A better example where the building blocks documentation will simply replace
> application docs is the Help menu or Settings → Configure Shortcuts or
> Settings → Configure Toolbars.
> This documentation is shared and valid for nearly all other
> KDE-Applications, so it makes no sense to have it in a lot of docbooks.

I disagree, it makes sense from the point of view of being complete, i.e. I
want the user to be able to understand all Okular menus just reading the
Okular documentation. Will that be possible using "Building Blocks"? Or will
he need to open a second documentation?

Albert