[kde-doc-english] local copy of exported userbase documentation

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 3 11:29:26 UTC 2011

On Saturday 03 Sep 2011 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Can't you also translate the wiki?
>
> [german translators hat on]
> Translating in the wiki is a PITA compared to using Lokalize incorporated
> in  scripty's workflow...

It is, of course, possible to use the web interface to call the messages for
use with Lokalize.  However, at DS Albert said that translators would  be much
happier if they didn't have to use the web interface at all.  I'm told that
the API is well documented at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API - I'd like to
add a page to all the wikis explaining how to use it, but a) I haven't had
time to explore it and b)I doubt if I have the knowledge and skills to write
such a page.  If anyone would care to give me an outline, based on that, I'll
see whether I can suitably flesh it out.

Anne