[kde-doc-english] language keyboard layout

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Thu Oct 13 14:57:09 UTC 2011

написане Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:22:11 +0300, israel katz <cisraelc at gmail.com>:

> Sorry to say, but I do spend already third day to find out - how to
> change language layout and see which language is active.
> Thia simple configuration in UBUNTU GNOM is impossible in KDE.

It is possible, and without copying images and mystical commands to
gconf/dconf to configure indicator images. ;)

> The help doesn't help me. May somebody advice me how to  get control
> of those elementary controls?

It is surprisingly in System Settings -> Input devices -> Keyboard ->
Layouts

Just tick "Configure layouts" and add the layouts you need (in a spirit of
GNOME HIG keyboard layout icon is not shown in tray by default in UBUNTU).

You can also configure many other useful things from System Settings (no
need for Ubuntu Tweak, it's KDE, everything can be configured from the
default GUI).

Useful reading:

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdebase-workspace/kcontrol/keyboard/index.html
http://userbase.kde.org/System_Settings/Input_Devices
http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/ComposeKey

Hope this helps.

BTW your question is off topic in this list. Please send your further
question to KDE user lists (subscription will be helpful).

http://userbase.kde.org/Mailing_Lists

Best regards,
Yuri