[kde-doc-english] KDE Secret Sync handbook page

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Mon Nov 28 12:26:42 UTC 2011

On 11/28/2011 09:58 AM, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 27. November 2011, 23:11:01 schrieb Valentin Rusu:
> Some questions:
>
> "Enable auto synchronization" is disabled by default and this has to be
> checked/enabled first, right?

Well, that's a matter of taste :-)

> The General page has a Listening port, the "Known computers" list as well.
> What is the relation between the Listening port and the computers ports?
>
> * centralized resource/IMAP server
> Name (resolvable) or IP and Port of IMAP server has to be added to "Known
> computers" list?
> Can I use any Port number?
> What application/daemon is required to run on the IMAP server?

The IMAP scenario is not yet implemented, and as such, the settings
won't reflect them. I'll add the GUI for this scenario soon.

> * Peer-to-peer synchronization
> All peers have to be added to the "Known computers" list, all have to use the
> same port number?
> What application/daemon is required to run on the peers?
> auto synchronization has to be enabled on all involved peers?

All computers must run the KDE Sync Tool and ksecretsserviced, from the
kdeutils/ksecrets repository.

Cheers,

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)